Horner under investigation

Current Formula One related news, information and discussion.
Post Reply
User avatar
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Posts: 49185
Joined: 18 years ago
Real Name: Chris
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

#76

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Aty wrote: 2 months ago
Michael Ferner wrote: 2 months ago In other words, a big fat Nothingburger. No suprise there.
That is FAKE News according to Bernie

That was a German media hatchet job of quotes turned into saying something he didnt actually say ..... all taken it seems out of context . Bernie has already corrected the fact on social media


Bernie Ecclestone refutes report of Christian Horner advice

Earlier on Wednesday, former F1 chairman Bernie Ecclestone responded to rumours in the German media that, having learned the facts behind the investigation, he had advised Horner to resign or step down from his role.

But Ecclestone took to social media to deny the story.

In a post reshared by wife Fabiana, the FIA Vice-President for Sport, Ecclestone denied he had passed any advice on to Horner: “To clarify reports by newspapers that I had urged or suggested that Christian Horner should step down from his position in Red Bull is entirely UNTRUE.”

Red Bull have again confirmed Horner is presiding over the online car launch with just the two drivers present are the reports I read.
He was already seen acting in the capacity of CEO at the media day when the car ran laps at Silverstone a couple of days ago.
The live-streamed show revealing the RB20 will feature Horner in his capacity as Red Bull Racing CEO and team boss, as well as the race drivers Max Verstappen and Sergio Perez.

The launch show for Red Bull’s RB20 can be viewed on the team’s social media channels from 19:30 UK time.

While Horner continues to keep up his Red Bull duties while the investigation is ongoing, no timeline as to an outcome has yet been communicated by Red Bull GmbH.

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left


“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Posts: 2231
Joined: 3 years ago
Favourite Driver: Prost, Schumacher, Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife

#77

Post by Aty »

It's becoming harder by an hour to know what to believe. Even what I thought are reputable institutions were already accused from deliberate misrepresentation of facts. That's other way to say its modern day lying and misleading public. This sport apparently is not immune from influence of shenanigans (that's actually is not a new phenomenon). For example I have difficulty to believe that it takes weeks to review quoted issue in hand (inappropriate behaviour). I rather think there is something else in the play, and we are all led by the nose.
User avatar
Michael Ferner
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 3530
Joined: 7 years ago
Real Name: Michael Ferner
Favourite Racing Car: Miller '122', McLaren M23
Favourite Driver: Billy Winn, Bruce McLaren
Car(s) Currently Owned: None
Location: Bitburg, Germany

#78

Post by Michael Ferner »

Aty wrote: 2 months ago ... and we are all led by the nose.
THAT is very obvious. :sarcasm:
2023 'Guess The Pole' Points & Accuracy Champion

If you don't vote now against fascism, you may never have that chance again...


Ceterum censeo interruptiones essent delendam.
User avatar
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Posts: 42151
Joined: 20 years ago
Real Name: Paul
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM
Contact:

#79

Post by PTRACER »

Seems like this was worthy of its own topic and so I've split it.

We still don't know what the exact allegations are, but I think all of this should have been kept behind closed doors until a conclusion is reached, and perhaps even keep that behind closed doors as it's none of our business.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
User avatar
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Posts: 49185
Joined: 18 years ago
Real Name: Chris
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

#80

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

PTRACER wrote: 1 month ago
We still don't know what the exact allegations are, but I think all of this should have been kept behind closed doors until a conclusion is reached, and perhaps even keep that behind closed doors as it's none of our business.
:agreepost:

Conspicuous in their absence at the launch were Marko and Jos the Boss. There doing the launch were Horner, Newey, another technical guy, DC, and the two drivers. Plus the chick were did all the links whose name I maybe should know but dont.

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left


“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
User avatar
erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Posts: 20073
Joined: 19 years ago
Real Name: Erwin Greven
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007
Location: Stadskanaal, Groningen
Contact:

#81

Post by erwin greven »

Why should Jos be there? Mind you, Max and Jos live their own lives. Jos was only a very few moments there at race weekends last season.
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
User avatar
Star
Special Member
Special Member
Posts: 2794
Joined: 3 years ago
Real Name: Gill
Favourite Motorsport: F1
Favourite Driver: Sebastian Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Spa
Location: England

#82

Post by Star »

PTRACER wrote: 1 month ago Seems like this was worthy of its own topic and so I've split it.

We still don't know what the exact allegations are, but I think all of this should have been kept behind closed doors until a conclusion is reached, and perhaps even keep that behind closed doors as it's none of our business.
Ahh but leaking the story puts more pressure on Christian Horner, that could be the reason it was leaked in the first place. They know the pressure on him to quit will be ramped up massively when the world and his dog voice their opinion on the man. Or at least that could be what they were hoping anyway. It clearly hasn't stopped him being at the car launch and probably won't stop him being there at testing or in Bahrain for the first race. Who knows?
Just so you know, I am a woman

2022 Guess The Pole Champion!
User avatar
Ruslan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Posts: 1779
Joined: 3 years ago
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Circuit: Monaco actually
Location: Washington, DC

#83

Post by Ruslan »

erwin greven wrote: 1 month ago Why should Jos be there? Mind you, Max and Jos live their own lives. Jos was only a very few moments there at race weekends last season.
The suspicion is that Jos was the one who leaked the story to the Dutch press. It is clear that there was an internal investigation has been going on for a while (weeks) before the story was leaked. So someone in the know leaked the story to the Dutch press. Who in the know would want to do that... and why the Dutch press?
User avatar
Ruslan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Posts: 1779
Joined: 3 years ago
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Circuit: Monaco actually
Location: Washington, DC

#84

Post by Ruslan »

PTRACER wrote: 1 month ago Seems like this was worthy of its own topic and so I've split it.

We still don't know what the exact allegations are, but I think all of this should have been kept behind closed doors until a conclusion is reached, and perhaps even keep that behind closed doors as it's none of our business.
Thanks. It is clear that this is going to be going on for a while, it is going to partly define the first part of this season for Red Bull.

I do think there are longer repercussions, as someone clearly leaked the story and it was probably leaked for a reason. Two options are 1) someone tied to the female plaintive leaked it so it would not be swept under the rug (as corporations have a bias towards doing), 2) someone with an agenda against Christian Horner leaked it for internal political reasons. Top candidate is Jos V.

Anyhow, if it was leaked as part of a power play against Christian Horner then it could have long term impact on the team dynamics, even if Christian Horner manages to survive.
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Posts: 2231
Joined: 3 years ago
Favourite Driver: Prost, Schumacher, Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife

#85

Post by Aty »

Talking about Dutch and Mr. Horner.

The story about Horner will enter into history on the level with Hindu Mahabharata, it will turn into a bedtime story.

https://racingnews365.com/horners-lawye ... ---reports

I am not sure if following is correct:
The shares of Red Bull GmbH are split 51-49% between Thai owner Chalerm Voovidhya and Mark Mateschitz, the son of the late Dietrich Mateschitz, with Red Bull head of sports Oliver Mintzlaff also aware of the investigation.
Mark is the largest singular shareholder on Austrian side. Thai is a consortium, if I am not mistaken. If that is correct, then more than just two men will decide.

Not everyone is waiting for the end...

Replacement game has taken off.

https://www.grandprix247.com/2024/02/16 ... l-f1-boss/
User avatar
Star
Special Member
Special Member
Posts: 2794
Joined: 3 years ago
Real Name: Gill
Favourite Motorsport: F1
Favourite Driver: Sebastian Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Spa
Location: England

#86

Post by Star »

Just saw this on Twitter/X, not sure if it's true, but I am guessing it proably is. If it is, how the hell is he still there?
Full tweet text
| The independent investigation into team boss Christian Horner appears to be one of major proportions.

The female employee who came forward in December 2023 at the billion-dollar group's headquarters in Austria accuses Horner of sexually transgressive behaviour.

The employee handed over text messages, which would show this, to the external lawyer investigating the Horner case. The Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf obtained these messages.

From the text messages between Red Bull's female employee and Horner, viewed by De Telegraaf, It emerges that Horner sent sexually oriented messages to the employee regularly and over a considerable period of time.

It is also clear that Horner did everything he could to keep the matter under wraps. In the weekend before the first publication in De Telegraaf - after he was confronted with the investigation into cross-border behaviour on February 2nd and asked for a response - his lawyers sent a letter to the lawyer assisting the female employee within 24 hours.

In it, the Horner camp offered a settlement for a whopping £650,000, which is just over €760,000.

The allegations regarding Horner's sexually transgressive behaviour are now also known to several, other key players in the Formula 1 world.
Just so you know, I am a woman

2022 Guess The Pole Champion!
DoubleFart
Elite Member
Elite Member
Posts: 5264
Joined: 9 years ago
Real Name: YouKnowWho
Favourite Motorsport: F1

#87

Post by DoubleFart »

Call me a cynic, but let me guess, another "victim" who let it happen repeatedly, then got burnt by him rejecting an advance, or she saw dollar signs, and then decided after months that suddenly it was now inappropriate?
Gavle Yule Goat Predictor 2018, 2019 and 2021 Champion
MonteCristo wrote: 2 years agoVettel: Not a fan at all on track. But off track, good guy.
User avatar
Ruslan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Posts: 1779
Joined: 3 years ago
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Circuit: Monaco actually
Location: Washington, DC

#88

Post by Ruslan »

Star wrote: 1 month ago Just saw this on Twitter/X, not sure if it's true, but I am guessing it proably is. If it is, how the hell is he still there?
Full tweet text
| The independent investigation into team boss Christian Horner appears to be one of major proportions.

The female employee who came forward in December 2023 at the billion-dollar group's headquarters in Austria accuses Horner of sexually transgressive behaviour.

The employee handed over text messages, which would show this, to the external lawyer investigating the Horner case. The Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf obtained these messages.

From the text messages between Red Bull's female employee and Horner, viewed by De Telegraaf, It emerges that Horner sent sexually oriented messages to the employee regularly and over a considerable period of time.

It is also clear that Horner did everything he could to keep the matter under wraps. In the weekend before the first publication in De Telegraaf - after he was confronted with the investigation into cross-border behaviour on February 2nd and asked for a response - his lawyers sent a letter to the lawyer assisting the female employee within 24 hours.

In it, the Horner camp offered a settlement for a whopping £650,000, which is just over €760,000.

The allegations regarding Horner's sexually transgressive behaviour are now also known to several, other key players in the Formula 1 world.
If he left a trial of sexually suggestive emails... then he will not survive this.
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Posts: 2231
Joined: 3 years ago
Favourite Driver: Prost, Schumacher, Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife

#89

Post by Aty »

DoubleFart wrote: 1 month ago Call me a cynic, but let me guess, another "victim" who let it happen repeatedly, then got burnt by him rejecting an advance, or she saw dollar signs, and then decided after months that suddenly it was now inappropriate?
That's not fair. The female in question perhaps was hoping to keep it private and between just two of them, yet when it was not possible, than she elevated matter. I would drop cynicism towards her. If she was after money, she could sent her lawyer to pick it up, and without taking a trip to Salzburg.
User avatar
Ruslan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Posts: 1779
Joined: 3 years ago
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Circuit: Monaco actually
Location: Washington, DC

#90

Post by Ruslan »

It looks like Horner is cooked: Latest article: https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/260354/h ... -bull.html

They say in part:
1. "The Dutch medium [De Telegraaf] has seen WhatsApp messages between Red Bull's female employee and Horner. It shows Horner sent sexual messages to the employee regularly and over a considerable period of time.
2. "After allegedly facing the investigation, Horner reportedly offered a settlement for a whopping 650,000 pounds."
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Posts: 2231
Joined: 3 years ago
Favourite Driver: Prost, Schumacher, Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife

#91

Post by Aty »

Potential replacement:

Dr. Marko is on the record that he is not interested in that position, and why would he? He is about 80y. old and he would be lacking energy. So far 5 names floating on the internet.

1. Marko
2. Berger
3. Waché
4. Wheatley
5. Someone close to Mark M.

Both Waché and Berger would be a good fit. Waché is probably the best (= smart, respected, experienced).
Post Reply