STAKE F1 TEAM KICK SAUBER

Current Formula One related news, information and discussion.
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Driver: Prost, Schumacher, Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife

Post by Aty »

Bottom post of the previous page:

OUTSIDE LINE: BOTTAS MADE ZHOU LOOK ORDINARY
https://www.grandprix247.com/2023/12/13 ... -ordinary/
In two F1 seasons, Zhou has been no better than Giovinazzi whom he replaced
I have to admit that this is not how I was interpretting Sauber's situation. Preoccupancy with their car and overall hopelessness sidetracked my focus. After reading quoted article, it is hard for me to say who (i) would want to replace Zhou, and (ii) be better than him. Maybe he cannot be judged fairly, as bad equipment distorts his potential.
Bottas revealed: “The good thing is we do have a completely new car with some new ideas with new people in the team and that’s exactly what we need now. So, we need to make big steps over the winter. That’s the key.”
New car was born, whilst RBR sent their through car wash and they are done. All good for another season of destruction. A leading designer can make difference in this game. Sauber meanwhile has to wait about two months before they can even beggin evaluation of their new racer, nevermind improving it. We can only hope it's not as bad as the one now found in a dumpster.

Regarding drivers, I wonder if Sauber corroborates (quietly) their long range planning with Audi. My assumption is, that top tier drivers will wait at least a season or two, before they will be willing to tie their fortunes with the new team. I also wonder if Bottas with Vettel could be a good pair for 2025. I think Sainz will have contract with Ferrari, and Zhou, he could be good for business in China (well, maybe), while new blood knocking on the door.

No worries; I am sure they will find somebody for the seat fitting.

Now the new sponsor...
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 4 months ago @Aty I have just checked my notes and yes I did have the 10th December listed as the FIA planned date of releasing thee 2024 entry list.. I also had noted that the Alpha Tauri had announced their PR and Press Releases re their name change was set to kick into gear 5 minutes aftr the FIA notification..

Not sure how I thought it was the 12th, just my mind playing tricks with me. Mind you nothing happened on the 10th as I had first noted. Maybe the 12th was just a premonition in my head. It will make me smile if it does get released today by some coincidence!
I have been looking to see any notifications and can find nothing other than the 10th December. However it MUST be this week.... the FIA 2024 Sporting Regulations (Issue #3, dated 6th December 2023) section 8.5 dictate amongst all the specifics about the entry list that it must be published no later than the 15th December of the preceding year..... so it must be by Friday otherwise the FIA will have to penalise themselves for breaching their own Sporting Regs. :haha:

Here is a copy of the relevant page in the 2024 F1 Sporting Regulations.

Last edited by Everso Biggyballies 4 months ago, edited 1 time in total.

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Aty »

I came to the same conclusion that Sauber will reveal their sponsor parallel to FiA's confirmation of next year competitors. (Do I hear Andretti's name?)
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Aty »

This is really strange. I don't see any headlines when is FiA coming up with a list of entrants for next season, and AAB on more then one occassion told reporters that new sponsor will be announced on Dec 10 which of course did not happened. It seems that a sponsor is someone from UK( and I thought they are running out of money).
DoubleFart
Elite Member
Elite Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1

Post by DoubleFart »

Well the new name is SHIT.

I'm not even going to post it.

They're just Sauber to me.
Gavle Yule Goat Predictor 2018, 2019 and 2021 Champion
MonteCristo wrote: 2 years agoVettel: Not a fan at all on track. But off track, good guy.
Star
Special Member
Special Member
Favourite Driver: Sebastian Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Spa

Post by Star »

DoubleFart wrote: 4 months ago Well the new name is SHIT.

I'm not even going to post it.

They're just Sauber to me.
Totally agree, I won't be calling Haas 'MoneyGram' Haas either.
Just so you know, I am a woman

2022 Guess The Pole Champion!
Michael Ferner
Favourite Racing Car: Miller '122', McLaren M23
Favourite Driver: Billy Winn, Bruce McLaren
Car(s) Currently Owned: None

Post by Michael Ferner »

Yeah, kick Sauber, Audi's coming in!!
2023 'Guess The Pole' Points & Accuracy Champion

If you don't vote now against fascism, you may never have that chance again...

Ceterum censeo interruptiones essent delendam.
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Aty »

Australian streaming platform, Kick.com acquires naming rights to chassis for 2024 and 2025 seasons.
I didn't know Sauber is that desperate.

Bijan Tehrani, Co-Founder at Kick.com: “Kick.com has seen tremendous growth since its inception and is continuing to make waves in the streaming industry. KICK’s content is fast-paced and engaging, like what we witness every Grand Prix weekend. Just like this partnership, KICK was essentially destined for the racetrack. We are thrilled to take our collaboration to an unparalleled magnitude, backed by our knowledge of the motorsport culture, and our passion for cutting-edge technology. Exceptionally, this universally popular sport, aligns perfectly with our product and what we are building at Kick.com.”

Akhil Sarin, Chief Marketing Officer at Kick.com: “We are thrilled to reveal the disruptive collaboration between two innovative brands. With the elevation of KICK’s association with the team from Major Partner to Chassis Naming Rights Partner, this partnership is set to redefine the boundaries of fan engagement, delivering an unprecedented experience for motorsport enthusiasts worldwide. Get ready to embark on an exhilarating journey with Kick.com, where passion meets performance in the fast lane of digital entertainment.”
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Aty »

Aty wrote: 4 months ago
FIA AND F1 TO STUDY HYDROGEN AS POWER FOR MOTORSPORT
REUTERS 8 DECEMBER, 2023 1 MIN READ
https://www.grandprix247.com/2023/12/08 ... otorsport/
Well, one of my favorite scientists dribble in, and surprisingly different way:

Dr. Sabine Hossenfelder seems to support forum-local doubters.

This article is being introduced as part of research that may interest big phone numbers at Audi, and hopefully keep them on the inside.
DoubleFart
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by DoubleFart »

The Liebreich Ladder is the best "use case" analysis IMO
MonteCristo wrote: 2 years agoVettel: Not a fan at all on track. But off track, good guy.
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Aty »

DoubleFart wrote: 4 months ago The Liebreich Ladder is the best "use case" analysis IMO
Goldman Sachs is backing hydrogen:

https://about.bnef.com/blog/liebreich-t ... n-of-heat/

This discussion, interesting (for me) as it is, needs to end here. Fact is, not everyone is convinced they know what future holds. I hope that research direction in this field promises to keep Audi interested and staying.

BMW meanwhile is producing technological beauties, and all without the F1. Makes one wonder...
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

Aty wrote: 4 months ago Australian streaming platform, Kick.com
Never heard of it.
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Aty »

MonteCristo wrote: 4 months ago
Never heard of it.
Quoted on:https://www.sauber-group.com/motorsport ... -and-2025/

My understanding is that it is relatively young enterprise.
DoubleFart
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by DoubleFart »

Kick is where the assholes go to stream once they've been kicked off of twitch for being an asshole.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

MonteCristo wrote: 4 months ago
Never heard of it.
One of the founding partners (and CEO) of Kick, is a 28 year old unsavoury and controversial Australian (billionaire) character by the name of Ed Craven. Only last month he was accused of "encouraging inappropriate behaviour towards women on his live-streaming platform, Kick."
Bijan Tehrani (co founder) is American born.
There are myriad reasons why everyone hates Kick. The controversial personalities who are the face of the service are just the tip of the iceberg. People who don’t like cryptocurrency because of its environmental impact probably won’t watch Kick. People who don’t support the rehabilitation of streamers who have repeatedly made sexist, racist, transphobic, and everythingelseist statements will likely be out, too. People not interested in gambling streams plastered everywhere are out. :sick:
.https://www.thegamer.com/kick-streaming-everyone-hates/. part of an article as to "Why Everyone Hates Kick Streaming"

Classic case of Sportswashing. :annoyed: :insulted:

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Aty »

STAKE F1 TEAM KICK SAUBER C44
The team's full name is a really bad joke.