Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

Bottom post of the previous page:

DaleJuniorFan wrote: 1 month ago 2025 schedule + new TV rights deal with FOX:

https://www.indycar.com/News/2024/06/06 ... 5Schedules

* Gateway and Laguna Seca swap dates
* Milwaukee Mile now only one race instead of doubleheader
* All races will air on the main FOX network; practice/qualifying + INDY NXT on FS1/FS2.
Thermal Club also a full points race.

INDYCAR 2025 CALENDAR
March 2 St Petersburg
March 23 Thermal Club
April 13 Long Beach
May 4 Barber
May 10 Indy road course
May 25 Indianapolis 500
June 1 Detroit
June 15 Gateway
June 22 Road America
July 6 Mid-Ohio
July 12 Iowa
July 13 Iowa
July 20 Toronto
July 27 Laguna Seca
August 10 Portland
August 24 Milwaukee
August 31 Nashville

Still finishes way too soon. At least there aren't a million races at Indy!
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

At this stage we might as well just run 17 straight weekend and be done with the season in early June.
2018 GTP Accuracy champion.

CEREAL IS A SOUP.
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos

Post by MonteCristo »

John wrote: 1 month ago At this stage we might as well just run 17 straight weekend and be done with the season in early June.
At least they've plugged that ridiculous gap between St Pete and round two. That's some level of progress.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

https://racer.com/2024/06/18/siegel-rep ... year-deal/

lmao, it would be fun if SPAM would one day announce a "multiweek deal" with one of their drivers.

Ok that Siegel impressed with his LMP2 drive and win at Le Mans, but him over Pourchaire? My guess is that Pourchaire's management did not want to promise something beyond this season and is still on intent F1 for him, while other teams were ready to sign Siegel at much shorter notice.
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
MonteCristo

Post by MonteCristo »

Cheeveer wrote: 4 weeks ago https://racer.com/2024/06/18/siegel-rep ... year-deal/

lmao, it would be fun if SPAM would one day announce a "multiweek deal" with one of their drivers.

Ok that Siegel impressed with his LMP2 drive and win at Le Mans, but him over Pourchaire? My guess is that Pourchaire's management did not want to promise something beyond this season and is still on intent F1 for him, while other teams were ready to sign Siegel at much shorter notice.
The cheque cleared.

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

I thought Pourchaire had been quite impressive.
Quite a shock really. Certainly was to Theo
The late decision came as a shock to the 20-year-old, whose post to X on Monday of, “Man I can’t believe I’m gonna race on the legendary Laguna Seca this weekend. Can’t wait to be there for the Grand Prix of Monterey” was liked more than 2100 times before he was informed that the team has changed its mind on having him complete the rest of the season in the No. 6 car in order to launch a new multiyear arrangement with Siegel.
It seems he wants to stay in Indycar and has had others interested already.
As the news of the change made the rounds Tuesday morning, three prominent teams sought and received Pourchaire’s contact information to discuss future opportunities. Although Pourchaire declined to comment on the matter, he did confirm his interest in staying in IndyCar and racing for a new team.

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Had to snigger at the McLaren statement highlighting stability as the prime reason:
Stability is key to our long-term game plan here, and this is a significant step in that mission,” said Gavin Ward, Team Principal for Arrow McLaren.
I guess that says Pourchaire wasnt prepared to commit to the team beyond season end, probably as mentioned Theo hoping to get an F1 reserve role at Sauber. Presumably he would at least get paid to the end of his contract by McLaren though. :idunno:

erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Citroën C2 1.4 (2006)

Post by erwin greven »

Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
MonteCristo

Post by MonteCristo »

erwin greven wrote: 3 weeks ago
Lol.

Meanwhile, Rahal wants a Vips return.

https://racer.com/2024/06/19/rll-steeri ... ar-return/

MonteCristo

Post by MonteCristo »

Toby Sowery’s long-held dream of becoming an IndyCar driver is about to be realized, courtesy of Dale Coyne Racing in its No. 51 Honda at the July 5-7 Honda Indy 200 at Mid-Ohio.
https://racer.com/2024/06/26/sowery-to- ... -mid-ohio/

These are heady days of classic Coyne.

Savour this.

MonteCristo

Post by MonteCristo »

Faster hybrids? Or faster surface? Or both?
Colton Herta was the fastest driver during Thursday’s overcast and contact-laden hybrid NTT IndyCar Series test at Iowa Speedway. The Andretti Global driver’s No. 26 Honda turned an unofficial best of 16.954s around the 0.875-mile oval, which recently underwent a repaving in the corners. It compares favorably to the pole time of 17.725s set last year by Team Penske’s Will Power on the old surface and in a non-hybrid car that weighed approximately 100 pounds less.

Second on the overcast day that had an afternoon interruption by rain was Penske’s Scott McLaughlin in the No. 3 Chevy (16.971s), followed by Andretti’s Marcus Ericsson in third with the No. 28 Honda (17.008s), Rahal Letterman Lanigan Racing’s Graham Rahal in fourth with the No. 15 Honda (17.022s), Arrow McLaren’s Pato O’Ward in fifth with the No. 5 Chevy (17.055s), and Chip Ganassi Racing’s Scott Dixon completed the top six in the No. 9 Honda (17.103s).
https://racer.com/2024/06/28/herta-lead ... brid-test/

John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

Rossi has been sacked/let go/chose to leave following the season. Christian Lundgaard to replace him.

Starting to lose count of how many drivers they've sacked/parted ways with since Zak Brown stormed in.
2018 GTP Accuracy champion.

CEREAL IS A SOUP.
MonteCristo

Post by MonteCristo »

John wrote: 2 weeks ago Rossi has been sacked/let go/chose to leave following the season. Christian Lundgaard to replace him.

Starting to lose count of how many drivers they've sacked/parted ways with since Zak Brown stormed in.
Ouch.

I was actually thinking about him a race or two back though, wondering where the pace went. Not much of a surprise I think. He's pretty steady, but just not fast, or cockroachy like Dixon/Palou.

I wonder what he'll do? Find some minnow Indycar team, or go off to sportscars?

Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

MonteCristo wrote: 2 weeks ago
John wrote: 2 weeks ago Rossi has been sacked/let go/chose to leave following the season. Christian Lundgaard to replace him.

Ouch.

I was actually thinking about him a race or two back though, wondering where the pace went. Not much of a surprise I think. He's pretty steady, but just not fast, or cockroachy like Dixon/Palou.

Prema.
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
MonteCristo

Post by MonteCristo »

Cheeveer wrote: 2 weeks ago

Ouch.

Prema.
Good thinking. But depends on how much money they'll have available. You'd think he'd come with a cut-price fee for an established driver though, so as long as they have a sponsor/over-paying pay driver to cover costs, that would make sense.

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Cheeveer wrote: 2 weeks ago

Ouch.

Prema.
Good thinking. But depends on how much money they'll have available. You'd think he'd come with a cut-price fee for an established driver though, so as long as they have a sponsor/over-paying pay driver to cover costs, that would make sense.
Prema are already talking to their "old boy" Logan Sargeant about an Indycar (Sargeant drove for Prema in FIA F3 back in 2020)
Prema Racing team principal Rene Rosin has confirmed that he’s had talks with Williams Formula 1 racer Logan Sargeant about joining his new IndyCar team next year.

The most successful junior team of recent years on the European single-seater ladder will make its debut in America’s premier open-wheel series in 2025, running two cars.

American Sargeant, 23, raced with Prema in Formula 3 in Europe in 2020, finishing third in the championship behind current McLaren F1 driver Oscar Piastri and recently dropped Arrow McLaren IndyCar driver Theo Pourchaire.

“We have known him a while,” Rosin told Autosport of Sargeant. “We are talking, but from the driver side we are not really interested in discussing now much, because I have been concentrating on building up the team in the style that we all want, and drivers will be on the second stage.”

At the launch of the squad in April, Rosin said he wanted his team to “be competitive right from the word 'go'” and have a driver lineup comprising “an experienced driver and, of course, one rookie”.

When asked about other Prema alumnus Callum Ilott, who has two full seasons of IndyCar competition under his belt with Juncos Hollinger Racing in 2022-’23, Rosin also indicated his interest.

“To be honest, he’s one of the drivers that I would say is... I don’t say on our list, but is for sure somebody interesting,” he said. “Looking at his experience and the previous years that he raced with us and against us

“But still too early to discuss about drivers from my point of view. Every day I hear something different!”

Another driver who is recently on the market is the 2016 Indianapolis 500 winner Alexander Rossi, who will leave Arrow McLaren at the end of the season, news to which Rosin quipped: “I heard this!”
:haha:
https://www.motorsport.com/indycar/news ... /10631338/