Horner under investigation

Current Formula One related news, information and discussion.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Bottom post of the previous page:

If he did send pics he is just plain stupid, especially int his day and age of everything being so digital, recordable and traceable.. Agreed if he sent anything unsavoury he is gone. Wait and see. The implications are worse than to just Horner. Sponsors of the team etc dont want to be aligned with anything dodgy as it spins off on their brand.
Look at the 2023 Championship winning Erebus Coca Cola Camaro to see that. And that was just from an internal dispute between a driver and management that went public. Their sponsors all terminated their contracts because of the associated effect on their image.

Last week the car looked like this::No spare space even for the Erebus team name.

Yesterday it went testing looking like this:

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
XcraigX
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34
Favourite Driver: Mario Andretti
Favourite Circuit: Spa-Francorchamps
Car(s) Currently Owned: 2014 BMW 328d

Post by XcraigX »

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 2 months ago Friday is D Day and we should have more idea then.
So we get to see the D pics on Friday??? :haha:
:trophy: 2019 GTP Accuracy Champion :trophy:
:trophy: 2021 GTP Accuracy Champion :trophy:
:trophy: 2022 Picks and Predictions Champion :trophy:
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

XcraigX wrote: 2 months ago
Everso Biggyballies wrote: 2 months ago Friday is D Day and we should have more idea then.
So we get to see the D pics on Friday??? :haha:
Hopefully not.... and that concept was someone (else's) fantasy and not for real! :haha:

Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Driver: Prost, Schumacher, Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife

Post by Aty »

Internet is going crazy over RB. I am not so sure that advertisers liking it. Should team's performance gets affected by all of this, maybe someone else (Ferrari?) gets a shot on WDC. I for one would like to see Max defending his title without handicaps. Rivals undoubtedly will have machinery to match. We could see interesting start of the season.
Ruslan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Circuit: Monaco actually

Post by Ruslan »

Aty wrote: 2 months ago
Ruslan wrote: 2 months ago We will have to wait to Friday. If he sent pictures, he is gone, and it is all his own fault. If it just an employee issue that went out of control, then he may well survive it, it depends on how truly outrageous his actions were.

By the way, Marko and Horner knew each other before F1, since F2 days. I am not buying the plots and counterplot stories.
Totally agree. Still, having bad feeling about that stuff. I am not sure if Horner's ongoing management of the team is tenable, guilty or not. Damage is done, and truckload of interpretations will follow, should he remain where he is. Regretable situation. We will see if he will attend car launch.
It depends on what actually happened. Sometimes you get in an untenable situation with an employee...
Ruslan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Ruslan »

Latest rumors - Investigation has been going on for "several weeks": https://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view ... _Red_Bull/
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Aty »

They should close this case without delays, Racing is coming.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Ruslan wrote: 2 months ago Latest rumors - Investigation has been going on for "several weeks": https://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view ... _Red_Bull/
Im not so sure about that.... it doesnt. tie in with statement made by Red Bull from Day 1 of when the news broke. The allegations were only made formally to Red Bull (Austria) the day before we knew through the media. But hey, I wasnt there and obviously others closer to the loop know more than all of us armchair experts put together. I dont believe everything I read on the web! :omg:

The reality is, we know the hearing is today... but the outcome and findings wont be known today

Horner denies any wrongdoing and has appointed lawyers of his own to defend his position. He told Dutch newspaper De Telegraaf: “I completely deny these claims.”

Horner is due to be “interrogated in detail” and face “hours of intense questioning”, according to The Times, on Friday by the King’s Counsel appointed by Red Bull’s parent company to investigate claims widely reported to relate to controlling behaviour.

The hearing will take place in the UK. It was originally scheduled to be held at Red Bull’s headquarters in Milton Keynes but The Times reported it could be moved to London amid growing media attention.

The complaint is understood to have come from a female member of Red Bull staff, who has already been questioned as part of the process and is thought to have passed on evidence.

Red Bull confirmed an independent investigation into the allegations had been launched on Monday. Horner was reportedly "caught completely by surprise" by the news.

WHEN WILL WE HEAR THE OUTCOME?

The independent barrister is expected to review the evidence over the weekend before advising the team’s owners of the appropriate course of action early next week.

Red Bull are said to be keen to resolve the situation as soon as possible so that it does not overshadow the launch of their 2024 F1 challenger - the RB20 - next Thursday (February 15).

What might play into Horners favour is that the parent company who has launched this investigation is 51% owned by the Thai side of the organisation. Austria only owns 49%. Horner is very close to the Thai side and is highly regarded by them. The minority Austrian side is less fond. of Horner.

At the end of the day I think we all know that if Horner has done something inappropriate, be it a discriminatory work practice of a controlling nature as has been identified or whether is is inappropriate in the "photo" ending sense in this day and age he is in trouble anyway.

Then his defence might depend on whether or not it is a set up of some sort. I have some private thoughts on that which are irrelevant until the outcome of todays meeting are concerned. (@Star knows them but thy are another can of 'possible maybe' worms altogether that dont need opening at this stage. Its pure conspiracy theory and not constructive to add at this time! :wink: :haha:

Star
Special Member
Special Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1
Favourite Driver: Sebastian Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Spa

Post by Star »

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 2 months ago

Then his defence might depend on whether or not it is a set up of some sort. I have some private thoughts on that which are irrelevant until the outcome of todays meeting are concerned. (@Star knows them but thy are another can of 'possible maybe' worms altogether that dont need opening at this stage. Its pure conspiracy theory and not constructive to add at this time! :wink: :haha:
I do know your thoughts ;) For what it's worth, I agree with you too :cool:
Just so you know, I am a woman

2022 Guess The Pole Champion!
Ruslan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Ruslan »

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 2 months ago Horner denies any wrongdoing and has appointed lawyers of his own to defend his position.
If you have to employ your own lawyers....
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Aty »

I am not sure where this is all going, and how he can possibly move forward. British media are stressing that he is big friend with Thai, and no one can touch him. Problem he is facing, Austrians actually own the F1 team. Can he ignore them if they ask him to step down?
Ruslan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Ruslan »

It would probably be useful to know what the crime was first….
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Aty »

Ruslan wrote: 2 months ago It would probably be useful to know what the crime was first….
They aren't done yet.
Red Bull's investigation into allegations of inappropriate behaviour against Christian Horner is set to continue after no resolution was reached during a first interview with the Formula 1 team principal on Friday.
https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433 ... -interview

UK paper (Independent) described this case as a "complex matter".
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Aty »

Internet is reporting 8 hrs long meeting (some say interrogation, others call it conversation), and they could not conclude it. Look like they had really good time, and decided to do it all over again next week.
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Aty »

What on earth...
Horner Red Bull investigation could last through ‘first GP’

Timescale not down to F1
"My understanding is this will operate to the timescale which the investigator sets, not to a Formula 1 timescale," Slater told Sky Sports.
https://www.gpfans.com/en/f1-news/10129 ... -first-gp/

When you need several weeks to explain you innocence...
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Not the best of signs for the ongoing tenure of Mr Horner. I wonder if in the circumstances Red Bull will instruct Horner to stand aside until the outcome in known. Clearly those privy to the findings to date will be in a better position of knowing whether his situation is tenable and how strong Horner's case of denial is against whatever the context of the allegations might be..

Clearly it is seems it is not going to be something that can just be. swept under the carpet with a "Nothing to see here."