The "Fish, chips, cup 'o tea, bad food, worse weather, Mary F***ing Poppins" GP of The British Empire

Current Formula One related news, information and discussion.
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

Bottom post of the previous page:

I get the feeling today's radio messages were carefully crafted too.

I don't blame Lewis for being pissed but he always seems to be Debbie Downer more than anything else, he beat the guy that took him out, he should be seeing that as an achievement rather than a conspiracy, he did really well to get back up to 2nd.

I get the feeling Lewis (and Merc) are a little bit like the English football team of old, i.e. They have such high expectations that they will always win then when they don't, it's world ending tragic when in reality shit happens and they got beat, move on, Germany is two weeks away, look to beat Ferrari there and after, don't dwell on what happened today.

If what Ted said in his notebook was right, we should expect more of this as it seems Lewis is having to play catchup to Seb each week rather than having a cushion like in years gone by, and we're back to the thicker tread tyres next race too, so that's another thing to fuel the "they're out to get us" conspiracy at Merc.
I am very sorry if you find my posts long and boring, I like to type and often go off on a tangent.
If this is the case, you may click here to solve the problem, or alternatively here too.
Puhis
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1, Rallying
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 79
Favourite Driver: Mika Häkkinen
Favourite Circuit: Nürburgring
Car(s) Currently Owned: -

Post by Puhis »

Oh. So Lewis Hamilton, who is well known to have more than few interesting moves in his time, is not-so-subtly accusing Kimi of crashing into him deliberately.

Right.

That's despite the fact that he himself screwed up the start. So basically, had it been deliberate, Kimi (and Ferrari) would have to predict that. Then they would have to stress to a 38-year old F1 veteran, well known not to engage in bullshit, that he needs to take out another driver in order to help his teammate with the championship. And then, once the perfect storm would present itself, Kimi would have to preferably execute it in such a manner which looks like an accident.

Fact: Lewis could have avoided that incident just fine, had he left a little more space. Yes, Kimi locked up and ran a little wide. Lewis also left him just enough space. But it was not enough on lap 1, with cold tyres, and heavy fuel load. It's the sort of thing that happens.

It's a murder to give Kimi 10 second time penalty, while Max got away with a far more aggressive move against him in Austin. And far more in the past. And Ricciardo gets away, even celebrated, for his "incredible late braking moves" which in reality only work because the other driver sees them coming and moves out of the way in order to avoid an accident. Similar tactics to those Ayrton Senna became famous for. Yet I don't see those being publicly discuss, nor do I see penalties handed out. Even if the action itself is far more aggressive, and deliberately dangerous.

I'm not saying Ricciardo is a shit driver. Hell, his teammate is often far more dangerous to other drivers than he is. I totally understand why penalties are not being handed out for what are successful overtakes. All I'm asking for is consistency in the situations where penalties are handed out, and for the love of all that is holy, please start penalizing drivers pinching and forcing others off the track when side by side. There is no such thing as "inside line advantage", or at least there should not be. The guy on the inside has exactly the same rights to the corner than the guy on the outside. As long as the cars overlap, there should be space for both vehicles inside the white lines. It's not rocket science, it's common sense.

Anyway, back to the topic, now that I got that out of the way. Mr. Hamilton should perhaps get his head out of his arse and concentrate on the bloody championship, instead of whining like a little bitch when he is involved in what was clearly an accident. To even suggest anything else, publicly no less, is nothing more than throwing stones when you live in a greenhouse.
"When you put the car into the wall, you have made some mistake before it's in the wall."

-Tapani Linnaluoto, my commentary partner during a Classic Lotus Grand Prix race at Watkins Glen.
erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Citroën C2 1.4 (2006)

Post by erwin greven »

erwin greven wrote: 5 years ago HAM is doing his Mansell show. To let it feel as if his achievement is even bigger than it actually is.
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
DoubleFart
Elite Member
Elite Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1

Post by DoubleFart »

I thought Lewis Hamilton was a big baby after that. Running off rather than doing the interview, not being man enough to even look Kimi in the face, blanking him but speaking to Seb...

Hamilton is all bark, no bite.
Gavle Yule Goat Predictor 2018, 2019 and 2021 Champion
MonteCristo wrote: 2 years agoVettel: Not a fan at all on track. But off track, good guy.
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

So Santino Ferucci. This weekend he drove and behaved in the mold of a Haas driver and then some. Now banned for 4 races for multiple rules violations. Pales Lewis' post-race behaviour in comparison.

Here's part of what happened on track...
Here's what happened off it...
caneparo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Racing Car: Ferrari
Favourite Circuit: Monza
Car(s) Currently Owned: Fiat 500X

Post by caneparo »

Arrivabene relied to james allison’s alleged word which defined incompetent raikkonen, as reported by wolff. The ferrari team principal said that allison should get ashemed of such statement, as allison worked for ferrari many years and know the professional kimi is.
I am from Italy, a country known for its history, cars, food, wine, and horny men
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Forged-In ... 565?ref=ts
caneparo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Racing Car: Ferrari
Favourite Circuit: Monza
Car(s) Currently Owned: Fiat 500X

Post by caneparo »

kals wrote: 5 years ago So Santino Ferucci. This weekend he drove and behaved in the mold of a Haas driver and then some. Now banned for 4 races for multiple rules violations. Pales Lewis' post-race behaviour in comparison.

Here's part of what happened on track...
Here's what happened off it...
Was this after race 1? Ferruci ha been already penalised after colliding with his teamate in race 1
I am from Italy, a country known for its history, cars, food, wine, and horny men
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Forged-In ... 565?ref=ts
erwin greven
Staff
Staff

Post by erwin greven »

caneparo wrote: 5 years ago Was this after race 1? Ferruci ha been already penalised after colliding with his teamate in race 1
racer.com wrote:In another incident with his teammate, Ferrucci was found to have deliberately forced Maini off of the road at Turn 4 after the Indian driver proceeded to make a pass for position. Once again, Ferrucci declined to attend the hearing.
https://racer.com/2018/07/08/ferrucci-b ... -teammate/
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

Wow.
2018 GTP Accuracy champion.

CEREAL IS A SOUP.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

What a wanker. Just made himself pretty well unemployable as a professional racing driver. Deserves what he gets.

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

Just to a quick gander at his Twitter feed. He really does come across as a completely unbearable moron.

CEREAL IS A SOUP.
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

More has come out about the Ferrucci's behaviour...

John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

Welp... He'll be in jail in 10 years time. Not sure for what, but he'll be in jail.

CEREAL IS A SOUP.
DoubleFart
Elite Member
Elite Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1

Post by DoubleFart »

Can we shift all of this to the F2 thread?
Gavle Yule Goat Predictor 2018, 2019 and 2021 Champion
MonteCristo wrote: 2 years agoVettel: Not a fan at all on track. But off track, good guy.
erwin greven
Staff
Staff

Post by erwin greven »

DoubleFart wrote: 5 years ago Can we shift all of this to the F2 thread?
:agreepost:
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

^^^yeah. +1

Just to getback to F1, re the Kimi 10 second penalty what do we think?

My thoughts are yes he deserved a penalty. He made an error and accepted it. As it transpired with the SCs at the end the 10 second penalty made no difference, but was it the right penalty?

Im not suggesting it was not a 10 second crime..... what I am questioning is whether it was twice as bad as the crime Vettel an d others had got given for a similar offence? Or others that were classed as racing incidents?

Was it because Kimi took out the local hero? Was it because Kimi is not one of the two leading title contenders?

I dont know the answers, but it smacks to me of gross FIA inconsistency. What are others thoughts on this?

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always