F1 2010 - First HD F1 game!

Discuss everything from the latest motor racing sims, to the oldest arcade racing games, whatever takes your fancy!
xavier28
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by xavier28 »

Bottom post of the previous page:

does anyone know a shop that has this on deal??
Racing is in my blood, ( Senna @ adeliade press confrence after the he was excluded from the 1989 japanesse grand prix
DoubleFault
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by DoubleFault »

Should be playing this on Tuesday or Wednesday. Will be using a G25 on PS3 :smiley:
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

judging by what I've been told (and seen previously) I'm not even going to waste the bandwidth on it.
I am very sorry if you find my posts long and boring, I like to type and often go off on a tangent.
If this is the case, you may click here to solve the problem, or alternatively here too.
DoubleFault
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by DoubleFault »

:haha:

I hope I will enjoy this game but if its like GRID then I won't be impressed. Unfortunately Codemasters sent out a copy to my mate and it didn't arrive yesterday so I won't get to try it until tomorrow night before I go to the pub. Oh well.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

Ian-S wrote:judging by what I've been told (and seen previously) I'm not even going to waste the bandwidth on it.
:agreepost:

Sticking with F1 1995!
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

The original F1 game on the PS1 and the follow up F197 were both epic games. The first F1 game on the PS2 was also very good.

Regarding people's opinions of the new game well it depends what you're expectations are. It you're expecting something of a sim, prepare to be disappointed. But if you've got low expectations following Codemasters most recent motorsport efforts (Grid for example) then you'll probably be fine with what F1 2010 is. I'm sure I'll enjoy it, but if I want a sim then I'll go and play rf or reinstall iracing.

I'm finding the negative comments over at TBK laughable. Seriously, how deluded have some people's expectations been?
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

Very Kals.

A lot of people were expecting a sim because that's what they'd been promised, and people who have high expectations usually are the most bitter when the product doesn't live up to the hype.

It looks nice (bloody fantastic infact) but at the end of the day it's aimed at the console user market with gamepads, not hardcore people with 500 quid wheels and pedal sets (the only reason it got ported to the PC is because the 360/PS3 programming is a very similar codebase to program for nowdays), I've known that since the beginning so when I eventually get around to getting it I'm not going to be disappointed, but there are a lot of people who built this up in their minds to such a high degree that as you say, they're really disappointed.

Also a lot of people complaining were not even twinkles in their daddy's eye when Codemasters started, who here remembers Dizzy? :haha:
I am very sorry if you find my posts long and boring, I like to type and often go off on a tangent.
If this is the case, you may click here to solve the problem, or alternatively here too.
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

Yeah :thumbsup: I had this on TAPE :haha:

DoubleFault
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by DoubleFault »

Just played it, used the G25 wheel. Visually superb, gameplay was actually quite good - much better than I found GRID.
Matt
Gold Member
Gold Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula One
Favourite Racing Car: Brawn BGP 001
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve
Favourite Circuit: Old Spa

Post by Matt »

Yeah, I am having fun with it too. The general sim community reaction to it across the net has reminded me of this comic sketch more than once (as in, the general sentiment, not this particular example):

By far and away the best F1 console game ever made.
DoubleFault
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by DoubleFault »

Matt wrote:By far and away the best F1 console game ever made.

I will say though, its not as good on the controller as on the wheel - the wheel improves it massively.

A couple of SIMPLE things I really liked:

When you slide off into the gravel, it isn't a ompletely flat surface - it has furrows and the car bounces up and down on them just like Grand Prix 2.
There is a much better feeling of speed than the previous Sony brand games.
Realism with use of two types of tyres.
Lacking of grip when you get gravel on your tyres - I don't remember a Formula 1 game having grip based on muck on the tyres - only a temperature and wear based grip system.

It all makes for a vastly improved experience.
jimbohar
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

Post by jimbohar »

looking fwd to playing this at some stage - codies massively hyped it up as a sim, so probably deserve a kick up the arse for that.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

92 pages of bug reports on the Codies website :haha: So glad I didn't waste my money on this one.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

DoubleFault
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by DoubleFault »

PTRACER wrote:92 pages of bug reports on the Codies website :haha: So glad I didn't waste my money on this one.
Reading this post you remind me of those people who buy an inferior product and then spend hours looking for reports on anything thats better so you can shout your propaganda and make yourself sleep a bit better at night.

I personally haven't found a problem, and I would much rather be playing this than anything on a PC.

If I want to drive a real car, I have enough money and skill behind the wheel to go and drive a real car.
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by kals »

PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

The main problem people have found is that the AI aren't real. The laptimes you see on your screen are fictional, the AI aren't actually driving those times.