Eurovision Song Contest 2010

Music old and new, musical instruments and musical theory. No copyrighted MP3s may be posted in this forum!
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Eurovision Song Contest 2010

Post by PTRACER »

Not that I give a damn, but England's song is so hopeless (again) that bookies here are predicting we will not score a SINGLE point!

This is the only Eurovision song I remember that England has done well with and it's not actually a bad song:
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

Everything there is total garbage.
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Citroën C2 1.4 (2006)

Post by erwin greven »

the last time we, the Netherlands, were in the final was some 6 years ago: 2004. So England is doing better already.
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
Jesper Hvid
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Post by Jesper Hvid »

There's no longer any ethnic/national thumbprint to the whole travesty, it's one big fat old turd of pop shite pressing hard to shower the asshole people in poo. But someone may remember this:

It got 2 points or something. Still, they boiled something amazing down to 3 minutes, which is the memory span of the modern man.

This song is the concentrated start and finish of an amazing highland Nordic musical epic that never was.
DoubleFault
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by DoubleFault »

The guy singing for uk was shite. He couldn't hold a note - when he was trying to do a powerful line he cracked and it was offensive to the ears
Jesper Hvid
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Post by Jesper Hvid »

This "contest" is the gaping arsehole of pop music. Always has been.

Ah-Bah-Nee-Bee, the 1978 Israeli winner, became a standing joke in my grammar school years.

We proto-buffalaxed it into "Og jeg skal skide, jeg skal bæ...men jeg kan ikke få mine underbukser af...".

Translates into: "I have to take a shite, but I can't get my underpants off.".

I could mention a few more.
Jesper Hvid
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

Post by Jesper Hvid »

Jesper Hvid wrote:There's no longer any ethnic/national thumbprint to the whole travesty, it's one big fat old turd of pop shite pressing hard to shower the asshole people in poo. But someone may remember this:

It got 2 points or something. Still, they boiled something amazing down to 3 minutes, which is the memory span of the modern man.

This song is the concentrated start and finish of an amazing highland Nordic musical epic that never was.
http://www.diggiloo.net/?1980no11
For a yoik will never die
Sámiid Ædnan
Unintentionally funny. Still, this was the best of them all.