10 years since Half Life was released, on sale again for 98¢

Discuss everything from the latest motor racing sims, to the oldest arcade racing games, whatever takes your fancy!
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

10 years since Half Life was released, on sale again for 98¢

Post by PTRACER »

Valve is now offering Half-Life for just 98¢ in celebration of the 10th anniversary of the company's debut title. Launched 10 years ago today, Half-Life was greeted with overwhelming review scores (Metacritic of 96%), earned over 50 Game of the Year Awards, and birthed a franchise with over 20 million units sold to date. The special 10 year anniversary price is available via Steam until 12:01 pm PST on November 21. For more information or to purchase Half-Life for 98¢, please visit www.steamgames.com.
I still have the original Half Life, as well as Half-Life Blue Shift, so of course I won't be buying it again.

Half Life was one of the first games I ever bought for PC. For a 10 year old game, it has a great storyline and is very immersive. In some ways, I prefer it to Half Life 2.

Who can forget that excellent intro where you're on a train heading for what should be a normal day's work in the life of a scientist...Of course, it doesn't go according to plan...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x3wQ7Opltg
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records