Ladder Logic

Discuss everything from the latest motor racing sims, to the oldest arcade racing games, whatever takes your fancy!
Warren
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Ladder Logic

Post by Warren »

To day a co-worker and I were schooled in ladder logic. GX Developer software for use with Mitsubishi PLCs, to be exact. Think I lost some brain mass. :haha:

A few years ago, we decided to upgrade from Modicon PLCs, as they are becoming extinct, along with the ModSoft software, which requires the Windows 98 OS. We have an upcoming project and the only program writeen for it, is written in ModSoft. So basically, we had to first, learn a bit of Modsoft and then apply it to GX Developer, which wasn't all that bad. A little confusing, but not bad for 8 hours of schooling from an extremely competant teacher, who knows the "ins and outs" of this stuff like you wouldn't believe.

Anybody else have experience with this stuff?
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

Warren wrote:Anybody else have experience with this stuff?
I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about... :oops: What is it?
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
Warren
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Warren »

Basically, it's a computer language, rooted in Boolean algebra, used to control a mechanical device or devices. It's very much like the computer in a late model automobile, where fuel and spark outputs are controlled via inputs from varius sensors.