Rate the 2024 British GP

Current Formula One related news, information and discussion.

Rate it

Didn't watch
7%
37%
27%
23%
3%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
3%

Total votes: 30

PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

Bottom post of the previous page:

A solid 8 for me! Most of that goes to the unpredictable winner and unpredictable weather. To be a 9 it would have needed more wheel-to-wheel battles for position and a few more retirements. To be a 10 it would need to be a Spa 98 or Nurby 99 as was previously said. One where cars fall off the track, break down, crash into each other (especially key runners), non-DRS passes, wheel-to-wheel battles, plus the unexpected winner.

I have voted one race 10 out of 10 in the last five years but can't remember which one...
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
LowsJet
Favourite Motorsport: F1 Nascar Group5 WRC GroupC
Favourite Driver: Fernando Alo Aytorn Sen Michele Mou
Favourite Circuit: Shanghai international race track

Post by LowsJet »

I see the replay, it's a really exciting race that let me believe that the F1 racing is now becoming as fancinating as it's used to be. Congratulate Lewis on his another home win, and Mercedes on the two winning back to back. But the fierce fighting between Max and Lando semms never happens. Well done Lewis!
Michael Ferner
Favourite Racing Car: Miller '122', McLaren M23
Favourite Driver: Billy Winn, Bruce McLaren
Car(s) Currently Owned: None

Post by Michael Ferner »

I didn't watch, and I'm glad I didn't. Hamilton winning gets 1 point from me (would give zero if it were an option).
2023 'Guess The Pole' Points & Accuracy Champion

If you don't vote now against fascism, you may never have that chance again...

Ceterum censeo interruptiones essent delendam.
Senna4ever
Favourite Racing Car: Ferrari
Favourite Driver: 1) LECLERC!!, 2) Sainz, 3) Senna
Favourite Circuit: Olanda

Post by Senna4ever »

10. It was an awesome race.
And the scene when Hamilton cried in the car remembered me Brasil 1991 :,)
<3 Ah Sabbadah! <3
I... I will never forget 24 July 2023...
Ruslan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Circuit: Monaco actually

Post by Ruslan »

9. Was on travel, so was only able to watch the last 8 laps in a pub. Still, looks like it was a great race.
Star
Special Member
Special Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1
Favourite Driver: Sebastian Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Spa

Post by Star »

XcraigX wrote: 4 days ago
erwin greven wrote: 5 days ago
XcraigX wrote: 5 days ago 10. Just as good as last week (maybe a wee bit better thanks to the weather). And a huge +1 for the result (sorry Lewis haters)!
It was good to see him win one after these last few years in a struggling Mercedes.
I saw the replay, and it was a good win for him. Not a fan of Lewis, but not a hater either. The ones i hate is the LH44cult. The ones who hope someone will harass Penelope, the ones who cheered when Dilano van 't Hoff had his fatal crash. The ones who were heavily disappointed when Jos Verstappen had a big rally accident and survived it. The ones who approved the fatality of a rider because he was sponsored by Red Bull. Yes. Those are the ones who I really hate. The ones who can not appreciate a single good result of Russell (Woody), Lando (Nowins) Alonso, Sainz, Leclerc. Are convinced Mercedes are full of Racists, even when they supported Lewis since he was 13, and Toto in particular. For them, Lewis is above God. In fact, God should be praising Lewis and be lucky that he is allowed to be God over a planet on which Lewis walks on.
This is one of the many reasons I avoid Twitter. Full of people who just love to spread hate like that. In fact are there any redeeming qualities of Twitter these days?

BTW, there is not a single driver I hate or would wish ill against. I don't understand this attitude that some people can have.
Unless it's someone responsible for genocide, no one is really worthy of hatred.

There are some drivers I've laughed at and poked fun of... (Here's looking at you Maldonado!)
Twitter is okay if you restrict who you follow and only really look at what they say and not all the nasty comments from others. That is how I cope with being on there anyway.
Just so you know, I am a woman

2022 Guess The Pole Champion!
SBan83

Post by SBan83 »

9 - I've been skipping some F1 races but I knew this one had the perfect prep and ingredients to be a classic, and it sure was.
Kai-Star
Silver Member
Silver Member
Favourite Racing Car: Williams FW14
Favourite Driver: Jim Clark
Favourite Circuit: Spa Francorchamps
Car(s) Currently Owned: Ford Everest Sport

Post by Kai-Star »

9 for me. I'm really enjoying F1 again. I can't remember when we had so many teams capable of winning. I'd guess 2012 was the last time.
"Speed is relative and I knew that I was going faster in my head than he was in his head. If you keep seeing objects going by quickly, well then going quickly becomes normal for you."
Joann Villeneuve