2024 BRITISH GP.... The next Verstappening?

Current Formula One related news, information and discussion.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Bottom post of the previous page:

White six wrote: 2 days ago Has there been a bigger gulf between the world champ and his teammate? Well, since piquet/mansell

Sorry, mean rebaque :)

Tbh you could make an argument rebaque was better than this. For a start Piquet had the better bits in his car. Rebaque was essentially using a second hand brabham
Vettel and Webber must run it close.

2011 Vettel > Webber was 392>258..... A gap of 134. Thats not a bad effort

But nothing compared to 2013..... Vettel won 397 > 199 ....thats a gap of 198 points.
Webber finished the year 6th overall. 5 WDCs between them though. Well, 4 between them, 5 ahead of Webber. I guess to put it nicely Webber was the first non WDC in the list. :haha: .

1. Vettel
2. Alonso
3. Kimi
4. Hamilton
5. Button
6. Webber.

I didnt realise just how gripless Webber was. Even if he thought he was not bad for a #2! :mrgreen:

Actually just compared Webber 2013 and Sergio this YTD status after 12 races.
In 2013 Vettel had 222> Webber 130. after round 12 (Italy) So a gap of 92. That grew to the 199 by season end (19 races held that year)

This year now we have 255 > 118. A gap of 147 between Max and Sergio. At this rate Sergio will have more of a gap than Marks 198 by year end. ..... Maybe not if his season ends early. :suspicious: :whistling:

So Vettel beats Webber by near as dammit 200 points in 2013. But Webber was in the bin after that, replaced by Danny Ric for 2014. :wink:

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
Kai-Star
Silver Member
Silver Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Williams FW14
Favourite Driver: Jim Clark
Favourite Circuit: Spa Francorchamps
Car(s) Currently Owned: Ford Everest Sport

Post by Kai-Star »

No one beats Dave Walker when it comes to Championship teammates, but yes, Perez is hitting all time lows this season. All the teams are incredibly close and you only have to be off a fraction and your way down the order.
"Speed is relative and I knew that I was going faster in my head than he was in his head. If you keep seeing objects going by quickly, well then going quickly becomes normal for you."
Joann Villeneuve
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Kai-Star wrote: 2 days ago No one beats Dave Walker when it comes to Championship teammates,
Dave Walker indeed. He was brilliant in F3 winning numerous races (25/32 starts, including Monaco, British GP support and two of the 3 UK Championships in 1971, driving for Chapman. When Chapman put him into F1 he struggled with the 72, not helped by unfamiliar circuits and a car that was lets say not a priority to the team. From 10 starts in 1972 he had 6 mechanical DNFs nd a DSQ for repairs. away from the pits. He did get a 5th in the N/C Brazilian GP. His future was never going to be with Lotus though ... replaced by Ronnie P!

I guess unlike many other Lotus drivers at least he survived.... actually he passed away just a few weeks ago aged 82, back home in Aus. He did well away from motor racing though, with a successful boat charter business in the Whitsundays. His racing days were pretty much done after he had a couple of pretty nasty road car crashes in 1973 after his F1 time at Lotus,... he broke a leg in one and almost severed his left arm in the other. He moved to Canada for a while and did a dew F Atlantic races there but nothing serious.

Another who didnt do well against his teamate one year..... :wink:

Niki Lauda in 1985 at Mclaren.... Prost won the title and Lauda finished 10th with just 14 points. Mind you his car suffered unreliability and he only finished 3 races, one of which he won, with a 4th and a 5th..... 11DNFs, 10 down to the car plus a spin at Monaco.. Prost had 5 wins, a couple of 2nds and 4 3rds. 4 no scores all year... a couple of crashes, a turbo failure the only mechanical DNF.... and a DSQ for being underweight. after taking the flag 1st at Imola..

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Just found this period Ad from Forward Trust (who sponsored one of the major UK F3 championships back in the 1970's) featuring Dave Walker.

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 2 days ago
But nothing compared to 2013..... Vettel won 397 > 199 ....thats a gap of 198 points.
Webber finished the year 6th overall. 5 WDCs between them though. Well, 4 between them, 5 ahead of Webber. I guess to put it nicely Webber was the first non WDC in the list. :haha: .
Interesting stat that will please @Star.... in that 2013 year Red Bull would have still won the WCC has Webber never turned up for a race.

Seb as mentioned scored 397 points in the WDC, so 397 points towards the Red Bull constructors points total.

Mercedes with Lewis and Nico driving, came 2nd in the Constructors .... with their combined points scored making a total 360 Constructors points. :wink: :haha:

Actually just looked and it would have been the same with Max last year.... Max scored 575,
Mercedes only scored a combined total 409 Constructors points

Star
Special Member
Special Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1
Favourite Driver: Sebastian Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Spa

Post by Star »

Interesting stat that will please @Star.... in that 2013 year Red Bull would have still won the WCC has Webber never turned up for a race.

Seb as mentioned scored 397 points in the WDC, so 397 points towards the Red Bull constructors points total.

Mercedes with Lewis and Nico driving, came 2nd in the Constructors .... with their combined points scored making a total 360 Constructors points. :wink: :haha:

Actually just looked and it would have been the same with Max last year.... Max scored 575,
Mercedes only scored a combined total 409 Constructors points
Yes, you are right, that stat very much pleases me and reminds everyone how good a driver Seb was/is :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Thanks for reminding people for me :bow: :mates:
Just so you know, I am a woman

2022 Guess The Pole Champion!
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

White six wrote: 2 days ago Has there been a bigger gulf between the world champ and his teammate? Well, since piquet/mansell

Sorry, mean rebaque :)

Tbh you could make an argument rebaque was better than this. For a start Piquet had the better bits in his car. Rebaque was essentially using a second hand brabham
Vettel and Webber must run it close.

2011 Vettel > Webber was 392>258..... A gap of 134. Thats not a bad effort

1. Vettel
2. Alonso
3. Kimi
4. Hamilton
5. Button
6. Webber.

I didnt realise just how gripless Webber was. Even if he thought he was not bad for a #2! :mrgreen:

Actually just compared Webber 2013 and Sergio this YTD status after 12 races.
In 2013 Vettel had 222> Webber 130. after round 12 (Italy) So a gap of 92. That grew to the 199 by season end (19 races held that year)

This year now we have 255 > 118. A gap of 147 between Max and Sergio. At this rate Sergio will have more of a gap than Marks 198 by year end. ..... Maybe not if his season ends early. :suspicious: :whistling:

So Vettel beats Webber by near as dammit 200 points in 2013. But Webber was in the bin after that, replaced by Danny Ric for 2014. :wink:
Webber was 3rd in the standings in 2013. But barely ahead of Lewis, Kimi and Nico.
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

MonteCristo wrote: 1 day ago
Webber was 3rd in the standings in 2013. But barely ahead of Lewis, Kimi and Nico.
I think I must have looked at 2012... thats when Mark was 6th behind 5 WDCs.. I was flicking through all the years round then.

Kai-Star
Silver Member
Silver Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Williams FW14
Favourite Driver: Jim Clark
Favourite Circuit: Spa Francorchamps
Car(s) Currently Owned: Ford Everest Sport

Post by Kai-Star »

Kai-Star wrote: 2 days ago No one beats Dave Walker when it comes to Championship teammates,
Dave Walker indeed. He was brilliant in F3 winning numerous races (25/32 starts, including Monaco, British GP support and two of the 3 UK Championships in 1971, driving for Chapman. When Chapman put him into F1 he struggled with the 72, not helped by unfamiliar circuits and a car that was lets say not a priority to the team. From 10 starts in 1972 he had 6 mechanical DNFs nd a DSQ for repairs. away from the pits. He did get a 5th in the N/C Brazilian GP. His future was never going to be with Lotus though ... replaced by Ronnie P!

I guess unlike many other Lotus drivers at least he survived.... actually he passed away just a few weeks ago aged 82, back home in Aus. He did well away from motor racing though, with a successful boat charter business in the Whitsundays. His racing days were pretty much done after he had a couple of pretty nasty road car crashes in 1973 after his F1 time at Lotus,... he broke a leg in one and almost severed his left arm in the other. He moved to Canada for a while and did a dew F Atlantic races there but nothing serious.
Thanks for the info dump. Didn't know he passed away so recently. Also I was just in the Whitsundays a couple of weeks ago with the family.
"Speed is relative and I knew that I was going faster in my head than he was in his head. If you keep seeing objects going by quickly, well then going quickly becomes normal for you."
Joann Villeneuve