2025 Driver Market

Current Formula One related news, information and discussion.
Aty

Post by Aty »

Bottom post of the previous page:

It was revealed in the Rumor street, that Perez has two more races to save his job. Reportedly magic number is at most 100 points behind Max, and not one more for him to keep his drive with RB. Not too many suggestions are available on his potential replacement. The internet floats ideas that Lawson or DR should replace him. Japanese driver felt through cracks for some hard to understand reasons. (Not enough for RB, but DR is?)

Fact is, Sergio is in serious trouble. I am not sure if Max can save his neck again, as he has already in the past.

Lawson has on his calendar two training sessions in DR's car. It looks good for him.

(F1 Insider.de) Max is attending his family meeting for a day or so to watch little bit of football. Attendance of the business manager Raymond Vermeulen is probably just coincidence as RB is in difficulties, Mercedes is rising, and Toto is sitting by a phone.

Regarding Max and his several declarations on his future, I thought the story of him leaving RB now lost all traction, if it ever had any, but not anymore. Max is a talented driver, and his record shows that he can outrun a better car. Problem is, that's not how one wins the WDC. Claims exist that actually happened in the past with him in the office. (JV). We will find out whether Max believes that RB can recover. Newey is still on the job, race tacticians are engaged, but in the long game - who knows.
In ranking - Mclaren probably in P1, Mercedes is closing on P2/P1, and RB...Max needs to make decisions based on his insider knowledge what's going on in the development department. Ferrari run out of breath again?
The Red Bull RB 0 is no longer romping to easy victories anymore, it’s Max Verstappen who makes the difference according to Red Bull consultant Doctor Helmut Marko as the World Champions search for optimum setups to make their car work on all tyres.
Aty

Post by Aty »

Looks like we are for shock treatment courtesy of RB. German media forecast changes (before, during, after) summer break in their driver line up. Dr. Marko is giving Ricciardo little slack for his recovery before Lawson jumps in and potentially replacing him in mid season. Horner apparently (and I am quoting) doesn't like Yuki, so his promotion to replace Perez is uncertain. I actually like Yuki, but I am not the HR manager at RB. For his professional growth he could use promotion to a faster car.

It is volatile situation which is undesirable noise on the organization. In never-ending stream of leaks, both, Perez and DR find themselves in precarious positions. DR seems to have his best years behind him, and Sergio has the unfortunate life when he is facing probably one of the best drivers of all times in the first instance, and the car he drives is not a pleasing object either. About that quite a few insiders agreed on.

Sainz - all is quiet. Waiting. Ralf thinks it may backfire on Carlos, and he may find himself without a drive.
Aty

Post by Aty »

GP247 - an interview with Dr. Marko
NH: If you let Checo go, is Liam Lawson, the next driver?

Marko: “First we have to see. Lawson is testing at Silverstone on Thursday. And yeah, so two more races and there will be more outings with Lawson. There’s also Yuki Tusnoda who is doing very well.
More here:
https://www.grandprix247.com/2024/07/10 ... -montoyas/