2025 Driver Market

Current Formula One related news, information and discussion.
Post Reply
User avatar
XcraigX
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 2786
Joined: 8 years ago
Real Name: Craig
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34
Favourite Driver: Mario Andretti
Favourite Circuit: Spa-Francorchamps
Car(s) Currently Owned: 2014 BMW 328d

#61

Post by XcraigX »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Aty wrote: 1 month ago Regarding "terrible source", that's not what Xcraig X said (about The Judge 13).
Huh?
:trophy: 2019 GTP Accuracy Champion :trophy:
:trophy: 2021 GTP Accuracy Champion :trophy:
:trophy: 2022 Picks and Predictions Champion :trophy:
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Posts: 2353
Joined: 3 years ago
Favourite Driver: Prost, Schumacher, Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife

#62

Post by Aty »

XcraigX wrote: 1 month ago
Aty wrote: 1 month ago Regarding "terrible source", that's not what Xcraig X said (about The Judge 13).
Huh?
I don't recall when it was, could be a month or two ago, I think you were (in a short paragraph) describing who is behind The Judge. Sounded like decent bunch. I am hoping that my recollection is accurate.
User avatar
Ruslan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Posts: 1845
Joined: 4 years ago
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Circuit: Monaco actually
Location: Washington, DC

#63

Post by Ruslan »

Haven't got the duration of the Alonso deal, but I gather it is at least through 2026. I suspect it is (much) longer than that with a "retirement" or escape clause in case he decides it is time to leave or retire or Aston Martin sucks. He will be 45 in 2026. Fangio was still winning races and championships at 46 and Mario Andretti was still winning Indy Car races at 53.
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Posts: 2353
Joined: 3 years ago
Favourite Driver: Prost, Schumacher, Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife

#64

Post by Aty »

Age. It is just a number some say. It is true that several drivers in the past led active racing life for decades, BUT...

Did you see their cockpit (steering wheel and all)?

Now check this:

Image

If I am not mistaken, most fighter pilots do retire after about 15 years of service.

Memory lapses aren't allowed. :happy:
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Posts: 2353
Joined: 3 years ago
Favourite Driver: Prost, Schumacher, Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife

#65

Post by Aty »

Lauda, Schumacher, Raikkonen and more – The drivers Vettel could follow by
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... kPLEbgSd7h

For 2025 all chairs of interest bear already a designated occupant. In 2026 I don't expect much change in the top driver market. I would like to have Seb back, but I don't see where he would fit and feel comfortable. There is Audi knocking on the door, but I have no idea what the plans are.

Carlos / Hulk - could be
Seb / Hulk - nice, if Carlos drives for Mercedes (Seb is tired of developing cars; he wants to fight for podium)
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Posts: 2353
Joined: 3 years ago
Favourite Driver: Prost, Schumacher, Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife

#66

Post by Aty »

Image
VERSTAPPEN: LATELY, WOLFF HAS BEEN REALLY NICE
JAD MALLAK 13 APRIL, 2024
:haha:
User avatar
XcraigX
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 2786
Joined: 8 years ago
Real Name: Craig
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34
Favourite Driver: Mario Andretti
Favourite Circuit: Spa-Francorchamps
Car(s) Currently Owned: 2014 BMW 328d

#67

Post by XcraigX »

Aty wrote: 1 month ago
XcraigX wrote: 1 month ago
Aty wrote: 1 month ago Regarding "terrible source", that's not what Xcraig X said (about The Judge 13).
Huh?
I don't recall when it was, could be a month or two ago, I think you were (in a short paragraph) describing who is behind The Judge. Sounded like decent bunch. I am hoping that my recollection is accurate.
Jalopnik - autmotive news I've never heard of the Judge 13.
:trophy: 2019 GTP Accuracy Champion :trophy:
:trophy: 2021 GTP Accuracy Champion :trophy:
:trophy: 2022 Picks and Predictions Champion :trophy:
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Posts: 2353
Joined: 3 years ago
Favourite Driver: Prost, Schumacher, Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife

#68

Post by Aty »

XcraigX wrote: 1 month ago
Aty wrote: 1 month ago
XcraigX wrote: 1 month ago
Aty wrote: 1 month ago Regarding "terrible source", that's not what Xcraig X said (about The Judge 13).
Huh?
I don't recall when it was, could be a month or two ago, I think you were (in a short paragraph) describing who is behind The Judge. Sounded like decent bunch. I am hoping that my recollection is accurate.
Jalopnik - autmotive news I've never heard of the Judge 13.
I apologise then. My memory is obviously not in best shape. I recalled your input, but misplaced the source. This came up how much one can trust the sources in relationship to Max and his potential departure from RBR. On one hand he doesn't has to do anything (he has a contract with RB), but Mercedes would like to know what is Max planning. Toto is still expecting him.
Last edited by Aty 1 month ago, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Posts: 49709
Joined: 18 years ago
Real Name: Chris
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

#69

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

XcraigX wrote: 1 month ago I've never heard of the Judge 13.
You have missed out. On nothing whatsoever. . :wink:

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left


“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
Aty
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Posts: 2353
Joined: 3 years ago
Favourite Driver: Prost, Schumacher, Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife

#70

Post by Aty »

Carlos seems to be in a difficult position with no top seat 2025 in his sight. I am beginning to think he will need to accept what's left, whether he likes it, or not. If Sauber makes an offer, perhaps he can start with one year only, and then either walk away, or negotiate extension. He has to however do talking with Andreas asap. I would love to see him at Hinwil, but there are other drivers hungry to grab a seat.

This saga is playing in the open. I don't envy Andrea telling his current drivers they will be leaving the team.
User avatar
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Posts: 49709
Joined: 18 years ago
Real Name: Chris
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

#71

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Aty wrote: 1 month ago Carlos seems to be in a difficult position with no top seat 2025 in his sight. I am beginning to think he will need to accept what's left, whether he likes it, or not. If Sauber makes an offer, perhaps he can start with one year only, and then either walk away, or negotiate extension. He has to however do talking with Andreas asap. I would love to see him at Hinwil, but there are other drivers hungry to grab a seat.

This saga is playing in the open. I don't envy Andrea telling his current drivers they will be leaving the team.
Max is going nowhere and the sooner Toto realises that the better. He should sign Carlos and be happy to do so otherwise he will end up with an Albon level driver with Antonelli going to Williams as George Russell did.

Max and Horner are all hugs and smiles now, Jos doesnt seem to be at the races all the time.... his next planned one is Monaco I read.

Perez believes tthe #2 Red Bull seat will be finalised within a month, and there is no reason to think Perez wont stay if he continues to do as he has to date this year. He is well liked by the team, ruffles no feathers, doesnt break the toys, and does what is needed of him. And his retainer is covered by Mexican sponsors so is a no cost option.

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left


“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
User avatar
erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Posts: 20120
Joined: 19 years ago
Real Name: Erwin Greven
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Citroën C2 1.4 (2006)
Location: Stadskanaal, Groningen
Contact:

#72

Post by erwin greven »

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 1 month ago Max is going nowhere and the sooner Toto realises that the better. He should sign Carlos and be happy to do so otherwise he will end up with an Albon level driver with Antonelli going to Williams as George Russell did.
:agreepost:
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
User avatar
MonteCristo
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 10796
Joined: 8 years ago
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America
Location: Brisbane, Australia

#73

Post by MonteCristo »

XcraigX wrote: 1 month ago
Aty wrote: 1 month ago
XcraigX wrote: 1 month ago
Aty wrote: 1 month ago Regarding "terrible source", that's not what Xcraig X said (about The Judge 13).
Huh?
I don't recall when it was, could be a month or two ago, I think you were (in a short paragraph) describing who is behind The Judge. Sounded like decent bunch. I am hoping that my recollection is accurate.
Jalopnik - autmotive news I've never heard of the Judge 13.
ICYMI: An interesting take on Judge 13.
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
User avatar
Star
Special Member
Special Member
Posts: 2940
Joined: 4 years ago
Real Name: Gill
Favourite Motorsport: F1
Favourite Driver: Sebastian Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Spa
Location: England

#74

Post by Star »

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 1 month ago
Aty wrote: 1 month ago Carlos seems to be in a difficult position with no top seat 2025 in his sight. I am beginning to think he will need to accept what's left, whether he likes it, or not. If Sauber makes an offer, perhaps he can start with one year only, and then either walk away, or negotiate extension. He has to however do talking with Andreas asap. I would love to see him at Hinwil, but there are other drivers hungry to grab a seat.

This saga is playing in the open. I don't envy Andrea telling his current drivers they will be leaving the team.
Max is going nowhere and the sooner Toto realises that the better. He should sign Carlos and be happy to do so otherwise he will end up with an Albon level driver with Antonelli going to Williams as George Russell did.

Max and Horner are all hugs and smiles now, Jos doesnt seem to be at the races all the time.... his next planned one is Monaco I read.

Perez believes tthe #2 Red Bull seat will be finalised within a month, and there is no reason to think Perez wont stay if he continues to do as he has to date this year. He is well liked by the team, ruffles no feathers, doesnt break the toys, and does what is needed of him. And his retainer is covered by Mexican sponsors so is a no cost option.
I think Toto is loving the idea of all these drivers calling him up and being nice to him as they try to get that drive. I get why he's holding out at the moment, I mean why rush in? He can wait and see what all of his options are etc. The problem with that is that you can wait too long and find you're only left with the dregs if others are smarter than you and get the signatures of the best drivers on their contracts.

So whilst Toto is in a strong position right now, he needs to ensure he uses that position wisely and makes a choice that will be good for the team.

In some ways I feel bad for Max, he either upsets his team boss or his father. I'm guessing he doesn't want to upset either one. However, if Jos isn't around as much right now, you can see which one he's chosen to side with to some degree. Ouch.
Just so you know, I am a woman

2022 Guess The Pole Champion!
User avatar
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Posts: 49709
Joined: 18 years ago
Real Name: Chris
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

#75

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Star wrote: 1 month ago
In some ways I feel bad for Max, he either upsets his team boss or his father. I'm guessing he doesn't want to upset either one. However, if Jos isn't around as much right now, you can see which one he's chosen to side with to some degree. Ouch.
I am sure Max gets plenty of time having to listen to Jos between races. I think in reality Max knows where his bread is buttered and until any new regulations come into play then I dont see much chance of the current pecking order changing dramatically.

The date of things coming up is wrong for two people. Toto and Carlos. With Carlos the timing is bad for him as for him to move to Sauber now is almost a full contract term too early. Sauber next year will be Sauber, and even when Audi come into it as a name in 2026 they are still very much going to be in their formative years and likely midfielders. Even they admit they expect nothing pre 2028.

As for Toto, the timing is bad because he has to fill a spot for next year. Max wont go there next year. Albon is tied to Williams until the end of 2025 according to Williams, and Antonelli isnt F1 ready. That leaves either Toto has to buy out Albon's contract to obtain his services, get back in love with Ocon or the simple answer go with Sainz.

I f Albon stays with Williams as per his contract Sargeant is struggling and may be his time could be running out. Im sure Toto could do a deal with Williams on the engines to till place Antonelli there. Of course Antonelli has to prove yet he doesnt need another year in F2.

On a separate note I believe at least one of Hulk or KMag could be on the move. Hulk we know has been in talks with Sauber. I believe we will see Bearman in one of the Haas seats next year. I know Ferrari have no say in who drives for Haas anymore, but Ferrari are in a position of being technically involved with Haas (who even have a design office at Marinello and I believe use the Ferrari windtunnel. Their wishes will be of influence to Haas.

Of course another driver who could be looking for a new home next year are one or both of Bottas and Zhou. Zhou could also be of interest to Haas, if only for the reason that he comes with a fat wallet filled with $30 million that Haas could find attractive.

The lower positions in reality will fall into place when Sainz (in particular) and to an extent Mercedes sort themselves out. That and the Red Bull #2 seat. As I mentioned, Sergio things that seat will be resolved in the next few weeks. When those three are sorted the rest will fall into place. That is the way my mind is thinking anyway.

(I have been wrong before) :haha:

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left


“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
User avatar
Star
Special Member
Special Member
Posts: 2940
Joined: 4 years ago
Real Name: Gill
Favourite Motorsport: F1
Favourite Driver: Sebastian Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Spa
Location: England

#76

Post by Star »

I wouldn't argue with any of what you said there @Everso Biggyballies. There are always key drivers and seats, only once they are resolved does all the rest fall into place.

The important issues that need resolving are Sainz, Mercedes and Red Bull number 2. Once they're done, it's a scramble for who can end up where with what is left. Until that is done, a lot of people will have their fingers crossed and will be hoping the call will come and it will be them. Many of those people are going to be disappointed I am thinking.
Just so you know, I am a woman

2022 Guess The Pole Champion!
Post Reply